About CNU California
The Mission of the Congress for the New Urbanism California Chapter is to advance the making of great places that are walkable, sustainable, and enjoyable.
CNU California is a non-profit 501(c) 3 volunteer professional organization.
Our goals are:
- To help maintain sustainable cities that minimize the loss of agricultural and natural areas, by offering formal and informal educational opportunities for California residents, civic leaders, and businesses.
- To educate California residents on how to grow responsibly and to maintain sustainable cities that minimize the loss of agricultural and natural areas.
- To encourage the adoption of principles and practices of the New Urbanism throughout California.
- To support the restoration of existing urban centers and towns, the reconfiguration of sprawling suburbs into communities of real neighborhoods and diverse districts, the conservation of natural areas, and the preservation of our built legacy.
- To create opportunities for citizens, and practitioners in private and public service.
- To learn, exchange and apply knowledge of the principles and practices of the New Urbanism.
- To provide a northern California presence, focus and perspective for the Congress for the New Urbanism.
CNU California Board of Directors
Chair: Howard Blackson
Vice Chair: Dan Zack
Immediate Past-Chair: Nori Jabba
Secretary: Michael Michaud
Treasurer: Mario Suarez
Doris Sussman Goldstein